Small Firm | Big Results
Nevada Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
Las Vegas RSD Attorney
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD), also referred to as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), is a disorder that causes severe pain, often in a person’s hands, feet, shoulders, or knees. RSD is caused by a malfunction of the sympathetic nervous system and can often be triggered by accident trauma. This condition can be worsened by the failure of physicians to diagnose and timely treat the symptoms of RSD.
Often, RSD is caused by injuries sustained during a car accident, or any other trauma. It is important to seek out the assistance of a qualified Las Vegas injury attorney to help you with your injuries.
Symptoms of RSD
If you are currently experiencing some of symptoms of RSD, here are some facts that you should know:
- RSD is most common in women, but can be found in both men and women
- While there is no cure for RSD, symptoms may be lessened by prompt and proper medical care
- Psychological care is often necessary in helping RSD victims cope with the disorder
- Causalgia Syndrome (Major)
- Reflex Neurovascular Dystrophy
- Sudeck’s Atrophy
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Other early symptoms of this syndrome include redness of the skin, tenderness, excessive localized sweating (hyperhidrosis), and/or limited mobility of the affected extremity. Warm temperatures may intensify pain in some people with RSDS.
If you are suffering from RSD that is due to an accident, it is important that you contact a Las Vegas injury lawyer to assist you in litigating your claims. If you feel that your reflex sympathetic disorder is due to the negligence of another, contact Cliff W. Marcek today for a free consultation. While you may not be able to alleviate the pain associated with your disease, you can recover compensation to assist you in coping with the affects of RSD.